Bike tour in Lucca with ice cream
But where are you, cutie, going on your bike ..? says a Italian song..
This is how you feel in Lucca when you ride a bike lightly along the avenue above the walls or in the maze of the narrow streets of the historic center, you cycle and get lost, so then it easy find yourself again … Fun and sparkling I would say, the experience of visiting Lucca by bike.
The path along the walls is about 4.2 km, all flat and allows us to take a panoramic tour of the entire historic center. Depending on the time of year, the vegetation is rich in different colors in all seasons.
We will enter the city to explore it and stop in front of the most representative monuments of Lucca, telling the story and the events of a refined and proud community that has been able to maintain total independence for centuries despite the different dominations that have taken place, just like a State in its own right. People of Lucca wealth was legendary in the courts of all the monarchies of Europe thanks to financial activities as well as their trades in precious fabrics.
We will visit San Michele in Foro, in the heart of Lucca, the center of the crossing of those who were the cardo and decumans in Roman times. A church so impressive that it is often mistaken for the Cathedral.
On demand it is possible to add a paid visit to another monument to be chosen among: the Cathedral of San Martino, San Frediano, the Guinigi tower, the Puccini museum. All of them host plenty of work of art and memorable stories and worth a inside tour.
There will be stops for photos, curiosities and an ice cream or coffee offered by the Guide!
- Meeting Point: Porta Santa Maria
- Duration: 3 hours
- Suitable for: families and little groups
- Option to “customize” the tour with internal visit to: San Frediano, Cathedral, Puccini Museum, Archaeological Museum .. etc)
- What is included: earphones
- What is excluded: entrance tickets (purchased in advance by the Guide)
- For any information please fill the Contact form or write to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll reply as soon as possible.