Trekking in the Cinque Terre
Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. Five small villages connected by a dense network of paths, a paradise for hikers!
The Cinque Terre National Park is a fairytale place to move along paths entering into the Mediterranean scrub, envelop us in scents and colorfull glimpses, lit by the sunlight that accompanies us from morning to sunset.
This south-facing land was for centuries a fatal attraction for the first men and women who populated it despite the terrible risks of being found and killed by pirates and despite the hostile slopes of its reliefs.
We will discover such a paradise through different trekking formulas:
. HALF DAY, which allows us to enjoy both the path and the visit of two villages
. FULL DAY: which offers plenty of time for a long-lasting trekking and the visit of more villages.
Some examples of a half day trek (combinable to make a full day trek) are:
Monterosso –Vernazza, so called Blue Green Path, with its breathtaking views of the sea. We will meet in Monterosso and after a visit of the village we will leave for this very famous path.
Corniglia – Vernazza: Meeting up at the Corniglia train station, we’ll climb the famous “Lardarina” which will literally “lift” us on the promontory where the village stands, the only one of the five villages set in elevated position. After a pleasant visit, accompanied by unmissable pics shots, we will move into the trail until the spectacular arrival on Vernazza
Corniglia – Manarola: Like the previous one (Corniglia – Vernazza), we can take the opposite direction leading us to Manarola, crossing Volastra and all its daring terraces that from 600 meters high decorate the hills down to the sea.
- Due to the hydrogeological fragility of the area, landslides and interruptions often force the closure of the paths in order to make the necessary interventions and restoring them safely
- Therefore the guide reserves the right, based on the updates given by the Park authorities, to establish the itinerary and thus give all participants directions for the meeting place and time.
In general, the rules to be respected inside the Park are:
- On the trails it is compulsory to wear closed, waterproof and ankle covering shoes, with an anti-slip sole.
- Take your garbage back with you and prefer canteen to plastic bottles.
- Respect plants and animals. Respect local culture and traditions.
- In case of yellow weather warning, the park could decide to suspend the sale of cinque terre trekking card according to weather conditions (both at the welcome centers and online)
- in case of orange/red weather warning, the park will suspend the sale of all service cards (both at the welcome centers and online)
For any information please fill the Contact form or write to email@example.com, we’ll reply as soon as possible.