Walking tour in La Spezia with tasting
La Spezia is located at the head of the homonymous Gulf. Nowadays it boasts one of the most important commercial ports in Italy but in the past it has experienced a very important military history.
From a small fisherman village it became, just after the Unification of Italy in 1861, the main seat of the Royal Navy and then base of Italian Navy.
On our tour we will discover the testimonies of this strategic government decision that has forged its urban, economic and social identity for over a century. Afterward we’ll head to the Saint George Castle, the only remaining vestige of medieval La Spezia. It hosts a prestigious archaeological collection related to the gulf area and we’ll profit of the view at a glance on the entire Gulf of La Spezia from its terraces.
Going back to downtown’s streets we’ll admire some Art Nouveau buildings and we’ll stop in front of the dwelling of one of the most famous ladies of the nineteenth century, for her beauty e for spy life!
To conclude our walking we head to a very famous shop for a taste of the best “farinata” in the whole province.
- Meeting point: at the Port Terminal
- Duration: 3 hours
- Suitable for: families and groups
- Option to “customize” the tour
- included: earphones + farinata tasting
- not included: museum entrance tickets (pre-purchased from the Guide)
- For any information please fill in the Contact form or write to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll reply as soon as possible.